Friday, June 27, 2008

New Look and a Project Done!

So I changed around the layout of my blog a little bit. Got some help from a fellow blogger. Although my list isn't quite as cool as hers... yet. I'll get it figured out. But I did finish a crocheted blanket this last week for my Gram. She was diagnosed with colon cancer last year, did chemo and was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

One of the pitfalls of being a military family, is not being near family. When I heard she was diagnosed, decided to make her a blanket. That way she can get a hug from us whenever she wants while healing after surgery. Thinking I'll have each of the kids hug the blanket before sending it to make sure it has extra love in there. Kinda cheesey, but every little bit helps! Here's the finished product. My hubby helped me with the layout of the squares. It's just a simple throw blanket, 4x6 squares. Got the idea for the swirls by searching around the web. Landed on Kim Werker's stuff, and a blog post on Interweave. It's for a 3 color spiral, but worked well for this purpose with a little tweaking. I do like the way it turned out.

5 comments:

Moose Threads said...

I love this!

Beth said...

It's beautiful, and what a neat idea. I may have to steal that hug in a blanket idea from you for my friend who is fighting breast cancer. Wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful throw! She is going to adore it, esecially the love that went into it.

LilacAve said...

I like the throw, and the new layout!

MayRae said...

Feel free to steal it beth :)