Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Care for some grapes?

So when I made my first berry purse, the blackberry one, it was supposed to be grapes :) Now it turned out great for a basic berry shape but I didn't know the right stitch to make my grapes. Thanks to MooseThreads and her adorable sweaters, (you'll have to click the link to see them. She has a great blog too) I saw what I needed. I still don't remember the name of the stitch, but a variation of it worked well to make those little round mounds of grapes clustered together.

My daughter has since asked for red grapes, so I may make her some. First, we're going to make a new library bag to take with us tomorrow. Got all the iron stuff and some puff paint to make a bag fit for a little girl to carry around her books.

5 comments:

Maddie and Mommy said...

Love IT! This is adorable, I might just have to... nah, I'll let someone else have a chance!

Anonymous said...

WOW. Looks like grapes. Another awesome piece of fruit.

Anonymous said...

Very cute purse!! I love it....I really need to spend some time working on new creations....visiting fellow etsyhooker blogs inspires me....

Sygnet Creations said...

okay the apple was adorable but these grapes are awesome!!! I think i have to heart them and buy them up soon before someone else does!!

Anonymous said...

The grapes are great!