Saturday, April 26, 2008

Oddities of life...

So this is beginning to be a theme here. A few weeks ago we had a bird stuck in our house. One of the grates is missing between the roof beams and so they make nests in there. Well this bird apparently went too far into the house and fell between the walls. It was a harmless little black bird that then started to pace between our bathroom (it'd stick it's beak in the hole around our plumbing under the sink) and the space underneath our furnace. After hearing it try to get back up the wall and find a way out, my husband took off the grate under the furnace and waited for the bird to make it's way out. Myself, the kids and the cat sat in another room waiting for it to be freed. Poor cat spent most of the morning at the grate trying to figure a way in!

The bird did decide to come out and my husband helped guide it to the back door which was open. It was just an oddity of life really. No real reason that a bird should get stuck in your house.

Then last week, we saw the bird hit by the truck in front of us getting off the highway. And now today I noticed something against the wall in our living room. It looked like a frog. A shriveled up little frog. Being that my husband is home visiting family, I called my SIL (who thankfully lives next door) and asked when my brother was getting off work. She said it'd be later and asked why. So I told her I had something in the house that I didn't want to take out on my own and wanted him to do for me. She said "Oohkaaaay... what is it?" Told her it looked like a frog. I think she thought I was crazy. There aren't usually frogs in this area, although we do live by an estuary where I'm sure there are a few and I have heard some around before but it was months ago.

Needless to say, when he got home, he came over (he delivered my daughter as well since she went to swim next door) and I told him he could poke fun at me all he wanted if he was just a leaf. Turns out it was a frog. A petrified little frog. It was stuck between our speaker and the kids' easel. Once again just an oddity of life. Not sure what to make of it or take from it... just how life can be. I feel bad for the poor guy and I don't remember hearing him in the living room or know how he could have come in or when... Oddity...

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

What a cute little story about a bird and a petrified frog....almost sounds like a weird childrens book....almost ;)

esque said...

Whoa! Quite a story!

[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]