Monday, March 24, 2008

Lisa Raspino... What's in a name

Lisa Raspino... Hear her roar!

This may sound strange, but I spent most of my life trying to NOT to be noticed. I've always had an alias. There were 4 Lisa's in my homeroom class in highschool and I ended up being LB - how someone else got to be Lisa B. first is beyond me. Anyway, LB morphed in to Elle Bee (my blog ID, my craft ID, etc.). But when I decided to get serious about my art (beaded jewelry), I thought it was time to really "own it" so the fact that I have my name emblazoned isn't that I'm vain, but rather, I'm finally (after 40+ years) stepping up and saying, yes, I DID create this, as a matter of fact. A statement of ownership, if you will. Plus, I thought the majority of my customers would be family and casual friends, who might not thing to look for Elle Bee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a hoot! I'm still getting used to having my name "out there" - thanks so much for mentioning me.