Friday, July 4, 2008

Hippo Birdie

Two ME! Another year done, and still one more to go till 30. I no longer feel like a twenty something, but I will be for another year. It was an interesting birthday. Asked my son if he could tell me "Happy Birthday", his response was "No." with a smile. But my daughter did tell me "Happy Birthday Mommy!" with a big smile and then was excited for a party we wouldn't be having.

It is treatment weekend, so we stayed home. Played with the kids, fielded phone calls (love getting calls on my birthday) and picked up some food. A very relaxed day. Now the fireworks are finishing up, could hear them but not see them with the thick marine layer. Next year we should be able to go see them. Hubby will be on shore duty and here's hoping, things will be normal as if there is such a thing.

All in all, if I want to reflect on the last year... it was more life lived. More lessons learned and more "I'd love to be a kid again and live in that blissful ignorance" My son turned 1, daughter turned 3, we made some new friends, I started my Etsy shop, the Rockies went to the World Series (and forgot they were there), the Patriots will always be that team that didn't win them all and my hubby's health well, he's with us and getting better all the time. The doctors will fix daddy after all. And thanks to my car dying (guess it was jealous of the Jetta getting attention) I'm getting more comfortable driving a stick. My daddy would be proud.

Reflection time done. Time to relax with a movie and my hubby.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, a tad late! I hope your reflective, low key day was good to you. It is always nice to have your family there with you.

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

MayRae....DUMB Rockies...but I love them. My nephew and his new bride went to see them play for part of their honeymoon....

Have a grat weekend.
RObin

terryann said...

Happy Birthday! and I feel the same way about being 50something ... it's the new "40"!

MayRae said...

Ah yes Robin, that was a sad series for sure!

Nice to think age really is just a state of mind.

CDChurcheyDesigns said...

Happy Birthday way late!