Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sushi anyone?

Sushi seems to be everywhere. Real sushi, vegan sushi, chocolate sushi, sushi fabrics, sushi playfood, sushi novelties. So I had a request for some sushi coasters and have been playing around with them still. When I got the request, I got a picture to help me with the design. Also thought I'd look around online and see what others had done with sushi or just images of it to get a better feel for it.

Myself, I've only ever had California Rolls. Not for lack of wanting to try some, just never been in a place to do so. One of these days we'll have to go on a date and have some. My hubby, one of the pickiest people I have ever met, actually likes sushi! Not sure which I'll use, the round or square that I've been making.

I did finish my round set, that was the one she chose.

The square set, I'm half through. And I did make just a change bowl as well, with the same round sizing.

I've just not had as much time to craft the past few days as my hubby has been home sick. He leaves for work, and comes home in a few hours. Stomach bug! Which means I gotta take care of him while keeping myself and the kids away. :) Really he's spent most of the time sleeping or laying some place and I wish I could do more for him. By the weekend it should have run it's course at least. Then we can just enjoy.

We will be celebrating my daughters 3rd birthday. Saturday, it's me, her and one of her friends going to Princesses on Ice. Sunday will be a little party, along with the Super Bowl. I asked her if she wanted to watch football for her party and she said yes. She spends football season with me watching our team (Go Broncos!) or picking the team to root for if we can't watch our game. Makes for a good Sunday together :)

No comments: