Sunday, January 6, 2008

Hello There!

Wanted to start out with a little introduction. MayRae came to be when I learned to crochet and knit last year and have just fallen in love with it. It's a wonderful stress reliever and great creative output. My kids like to play with the yarn and put in requests all the time. They've gotten a few things from me and give me good ideas of what to try and do. I'm not one for patterns, I'll look at them to get an idea of what I need to be doing, but it's easier for me to just let the yarn speak for itself and become what it is to be.

The name came after a few weeks of trying to think what fit me and what I did. MayRae is named after the women in my life who have taught and influenced me. That's the beautiful part of it. And the quirky fun bit is the pronunciation. I always think of The Princess Bride when I say it! "Maywag.... Maywag is the reason we have been gathered here todawy..." It's priceless and fun and a great learning experience as I go along.

I want this blog to be a great place to show the things I've been working on as well as a little about me. On that note, here's a pic of my latest daughter request. After making Timmy the Turtle
and Lilly the Pig,
my daughter asked for a Giraffe. He has yet to be named, but we'll see what she comes up with. He's a good friend even without a name!

No comments: